First half of the year we had witnessed the release of whooping 109 movies starting from ‘Brihaspati’ starring Manoranjan Ravichandran. In 2nd half, we had 77 releases till November 1st.
Here I go with my ‘Top 10 movies’ starting from Ammachi Yemba Nenapu.
10) Ammachi Yemba Nenapu: Champa Shetty’s debut outing which essayed gleeful world of Dr. Vaidehi with gut-wrenching story of Ammachi & Akku. It is one of the beautiful movie which I watched recently and I met Raj in preview show and conveyed my thoughts. The film was released on the eve of Karnataka Rajyotsava, I would recommend you all to watch this movie in a movie theatre near you.
09) Choorikatte: Debutant director Raghu Shivmogga delivered a revenge, crime thriller with an engaging screenplay which kept me on edge of the seat. He narrated the story of stolen pistol with timber smuggling backdrop. It was one of the finest movies of this year.
PS: Choorikatte Photo Courtesy: Chitraloka.com
08) Amma I Love You: KM Chaitanya’s directorial received mixed response. However, I was able to connect to the story of a Mother and Son’s sentiments which narrated the difficulties of day to day life. Chiranjeevi Sarja and Sitaara’s characters conveyed the story really well.
07) Aa Karala Raatri: Director Dayal Padmanabhan successfully portrayed the theatre play as movie. This movie was a perfect blend of thrills + chills. JK, Anupama Gowda and Rangayana Raghu’s acts were simply superb throughout the movie.
06) Katheyondu Shuruvagide: Senna hedge directorial Katheyondu Shuruvagide was a refreshing journey. In few of the scenes, I felt I was inside the movie and I was playing the lead character. It was a feel good film and I loved the movie to the core.
05) Sankashtakara Ganapati: Arjun Kumar’s Sankashtakara Ganapati was a nice rom-com with an awesome plot. The lead actor Likith’s character had an alien hand syndrome and his left hand was out of his control. His survival story was jolly ride with an engaging screenplay and songs.
4) Gultoo: This was a perfect movie for our digital world, where it gave a spotlight on data theft. Gultoo had fast paced screenplay which essayed the dark world & cyber crime with very good narration.
3) Sarkari Hi Pra Shaale Kasaragodu. Koduge: Ramanna Rai. One of the biggest blockbusters of 2018 is SHPSK, the movie which became an emotion to all of us. Rishab Shetty’s magical story made everyone to fall in love with this awesome saga. Each and every scene of this movie was epic and I had filled my eyes to joyous tears and Goosebumps when I came out of the movie theater.
02) Tagaru: The movie which redefined the way of telling story on a zigzag way in KFI. Director Suri helmed Tagaru was a perfect crime drama and I thoroughly enjoyed the songs, dialogues, and story of this movie.
01) Ondalla Eradalla: With huge round of applause, I can proudly say that KFI have produced a movie which narrated the sensitive matters of our country. Director Satya Prakash told a story of a Muslim Kid and Bhanu’s (A Cow) friendship with a beautiful story. He have proved once again that why he is the specialist in telling story which will give smiles and tears at the same time. He did it in short movies and he is doing it in feature films.
(The Terrorist, Trunk, Ambi Ning Vayassaytho, Onthara Bannagalu, Naduve Antaravirali, Iruvudellava Bittu, Ayogya, Vanilla, Humble Politician Nograj).